Thursday, February 16, 2006

Introducing Tiki & Bombshell



Greetings,
I guess I should start by telling you all about me & Bombshell. I majored in Fashion Merchandising before actually making a U-turn and going to Cosmetology school. I am what they call a "Job-Hopper". I like all of the excitement from a new job, but after a while I move on. If you watch UPN's "Girlfriends", I AM Lynn!
Lifeguard, waitress, makeup artist, event planner, receptionist, you name it!



After moving from place to place, I started drawing again, and realized that it was fashion and art that really excited me. I spent 1 year working on my business plan with the Small Business Administration, only to be told that I must own property unless I have about $40,000 cash in order to open this boutique.
So, I put my plan away and back to work I went. You surely cannot buy property overnight, so I had to decide...and quickly. It's very hard to look at your completed business plan, but to be so far away from actually implementing it.

Bombshell is a California boutique (but located in Washington DC), which houses girly items from jewelry, gorgeous shoes, a makeup studio, doggie accessories & goodies, and all sorts of fun colorful items (without giving too much away).

Unfortunately, I work 9-5 as a PC Technician, 4-9 at Jennifer Convertibles furniture and teaching classes on Saturday mornings. I am fighting day by day to actually get to my boutiques open doors.

I actually will feel good once I am doing just what I want to do. Not to put anyone down, but I am so not the girl that works in the same government cubicle until I reach retirement. I like to meet new people and run around with odd work hours, sound strange??? I know, I know, people like stability and consistency. Trust me, I have a very accomplished brother, various business owners in my family, including my mother, and my friends are climbing their own personal corporate ladders. I am creating my own ladder and it's made of funnel cake!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home